The Heart of the City Partnership
The Old Newcastle Project is being taken forward by the Heart of the City Partnership Board.
The Partnership Board is made up from members of
- The Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne
The Society of the Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne is the country's oldest provincial antiquarian society, founded in 1813, whose aim is to foster a deeper understanding of the history and archaeology of north-east England. They have been guardians of the Black Gate since 1883 when they effectively rescued it from demolition, creating a museum and library space in the gatehouse. Although their home has now moved to the Great North Museum, they continue to play an active part in the revitalising of this important building. For more details about the Society's work and their renowned lecture series, please visit their website www.newcastle-antiquaries.org.uk
- The Cathedral Church of Saint Nicholas
- a representative from the local business community,
- a representative from Westgate Ward and
- a representative from the heritage sector.